Placing your order online
How to Place an Order
Selecting your Items
To place an order, browse through our categories and select which products you require. If the product is a single item without any size options, then click 'add to cart' and this item will appear in your shopping cart. If the product requires you to select a specific size, then click on the 'select' button and choose the necessary size from the 'available options' list. Once you have chosen the size, click 'add to cart' and the item will appear in your shopping cart.
When you have finished shopping, your shopping cart will contain all the items you have selected to buy. If you wish to remove any items from your shopping cart, tick the 'remove' box on the left-hand side of the item. Once the necessary boxes have been ticked click 'update' and this will update your shopping cart. You also have the option to use any discount vouchers you have in your possesion here. A code is normally sent by email when a voucher is in use. To redeem this voucher, enter the code in the 'apply discount code' drop down box and click 'apply discount'. The confirmation of the voucher will then appear in the 'order summary' box to the right of the page. If you would like to know an estimate for the shipping cost, enter your post code in the drop down box and it will give you the delivery options available to you. When you are finished with your shopping cart click 'proceed to checkout' to proceed to the next stage.
To ensure you receive your goods on time we have included as much information as possible on the delivery section of the ordering process. Select the appropiate shipping method available to you. If you are not going to be in at the time of delivery there are two options available to you.
- Different Shipping Address − There is an option to have your order delivered to an alternative address where someone will be available to collect it. This can be a work address or a family friend etc. Clicking on the 'change address' icon will allow you to do this.
- Leave Safe − If the courier attempts to deliver your parcel and no one is home, a card will be posted through your letterbox and an alternative delivery time will need to be arranged. To prevent this from happening you can state where on your premises your parcel can be left safely. This option is in a small box half way down the page. To help the courier, please start your instructions with the word 'leave' followed by where your parcel can be left. For example, 'Leave in porch if out'. ONLY instructions placed in this box will appear on the delivery label for the courier.
There is also the option to receive a pre-delivery notification. To receive these, please select an option from the drop down box and provide either a mobile number or email address. Our courier DHL will then contact you with the delivery details.
If you have any special instructions relating to your order, these can be placed in the comments box at the bottom of the page.
Please note any delivery instructions you wish to have on your order should be noted in the box above.
The payment information section gives you another chance to use any vouchers you have and to review your order summary. You also have the option to sign up to our newsletter here, just by ticking the box you will receive emails from us on our weekly special offers and any discounts that may be available. You can then pay for your order using Visa Credit, Visa Debit/Delta, Mastercard, Maestro or PayPal. We do not accept American Express. Once this is complete click 'continue' and this will allow you to check all your details one last time before confirming your order. Once you have confirmed your order you will be taken to a final page stating that your order has been placed.
An order confirmation email will be sent to your email address once you have placed your order. If you don't receive this, your order has not been finalised. Please Contact Us for assistance.
- Will I receive confirmation that my order was successful? - Yes, once you place your order you will receive an order confirmation email. This confirms that we have received your order. Once your order has been dispatched you will receive a second email confirming that your order has left our warehouse.
- I have not received my order confirmation email? - If you have not received your order confirmation email within the hour, please check your junk/spam folder and then Contact Us.
- Will I receive confirmation that my order is on its way to me? - Once your order has been dispatched you will receive a confirmation of dispatch email. This email will contain the tracking details of your parcel.
- Do I need to create an account before placing an order? - Yes, you do need to create an account. You can save addresses, review previous orders and sign up for our newsletter where you will also receive updates on our weekly special offers.
- What payment types do you take? - We accept Visa Credit, Visa Debit/Delta, Mastercard, Maestro and PayPal. We do not accept American Express.
- At what stage is payment taken from my card? - Your card will be charged at the time that you place your order. We will send you an email confirmation once the payment has gone through. If for any reason we are unable to send an item, you'll be contacted, and an alternative solution will be arranged for example, a refund or another product sent.
- I've made a mistake with my order; can I change it? - Once you have completed your order online, if we haven’t already dispatched it yet, there may still be time to change it. If you Contact Us as quickly as possible we will try our best to make any amendments. If your order has been delivered and you realise that you have made a mistake, please notify us and we can arrange to collect and deliver the correct products. Please note, we will need to charge carriage for the exchange in this case or you can easily return any unwanted items to us for a refund.
- Can I place an order over the phone? - Yes, our Customer Service team will be happy to place your order over the phone if it is more convenient for you. Please call us on +44 (0) 800 358 6140 and one of our friendly advisors will assist you. Please note, our special offers are for online orders only though and will not be applied for any orders taken over the phone as they are an online offer. If you would like to benefit from our weekly special offers, please order on our website www.swimmingpoolchemicals.co.uk You can still qualify for a Free Gift on orders over £40 though if ordering over the phone, please don’t forget to mention it to a member of the team.
- Can I collect an order if I live locally? - Yes, if you live local to us and would prefer to save on the delivery charge then you are welcome to come and collect your order from us. Please let us know at the time of placing your order so we don’t dispatch it and we can get it ready for collection. You can do this by using our Contact Us page. We will also refund the delivery charge if you have paid one.
- Can I cancel my order? - You have the right to cancel your order up to 14 working days after receipt without giving a reason. We will either make collection arrangements or you can return unused goods to us for a refund. Should we need to arrange for a collection, a charge of £5.99 will need to be made to recover our carriage costs. Collection charges only apply to unwanted goods, faulty goods will always be collected at no charge. You must take reasonable care of the products and not use them, and you should return products to us in their original packaging within 14 days of informing us of your wish to cancel.